Treatment for uncontrolled diabetes

Hi Doctor..I am 36 yrs..diabetic for last 6 years...I am very active(run marathons)...lead very healthy lifestyle..I recently go my diabetes check done and my sugar levels in Fasting is 140 and PP is 121..I am on Janument 50/500 (before breakfast) and Trivolib 1 (before lunch and dinner)..I visited a new doc(on moms insistence)...and he asked me to first check how much insulin my body is producing...he suggested me few tests like C-peptide and Insulin levels along with Fasting and PP..also he changed my medication and has changed my medication to Reclimet (80+500)..My BP is normal 130 / 80...Pls suggest your view on the diagnosis?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that your HbA1c is deranged its 8 that means your sugar control over 3 months have been inadequate . You have mild dyslipidemia which will be OK if you lose some weight in case you are obese or avoid fatty foods that is by diet control . Rest your test levels are grossly normal . In my opinion the change of your medicines is right and depending on your bodys requirements it may need to be increased . If you want you can get C peptide and insulin levels tested but that wont make much of change in your therapy thus in routine practise we dont test it but its on your treating doctors discretion and getting them done is good . Take care. Dr. Shruti