Treatment for tingling, light headed, dizziness, sore eye?

ENT Specialist
Hi my name is XXXXXXX and I have a question about my vertigo. It started around a week before Christmas and finally with in this past week or two some of my symptoms I have had let up. I was having tilting feeling along with light headed and light dizziness from time to time. those symptoms have eased up like my MD said it would. The only thing that seems to be bothering me is my eyes. I went to my eye doctor two weeks ago and he told me my vision was perfect. It seems as though my eyes are sore and if I focas on something close they move from side to side very fast. I don't know if it's just from the vertigo that is left over or is something really wrong. I never had these issues before my vertigo attack.
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 3 hours later
Brief Answer: nothing to worry Detailed Answer: Hello sir, Thanks for using healthcaremagic. Your eye symptoms are part of the vertigo attack. It is called nystagmus. Eyes also have a role in maintaining balance. When the organ for balance is affected effects are seen even in the eyes as well. Do not worry, your symptoms will definitely setlle since your vertigo is abating. Vestibular sedatives will help to recover faster. You can ask your doctor for a prescription. Regards, Dr Rajkishori.
Follow-up: Treatment for tingling, light headed, dizziness, sore eye? 18 hours later
Ok thank you. is it Normal for the eye movements I see when I read and when I focus on things up close to Seem as if they are constant? it seems to be worse after I drive or walk at night? is it possible that even though I am feeling better that the vertigo is still happening but I just don't notice it as much? I am just a little nervous that's all.
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Not to worry, Detailed Answer: Hello sir, Eye symptoms happen along with vertigo. Difficulty in focusing, tracking objects. Difficulty in reading, words in a sentence seem to jump and blur. Difficulty in looking at computer monitors, flickering lights and fluorescent lights. Difficulty in walking in the dark. A variety of eye symptoms can occur in vertigo. You should start feeling better in a few days' time. If symptoms continue for over 2 more weeks then pay a visit ot the ENT specialist or the neurologist. Regards, Dr Rajkishori Godhi.