Treatment for subcentral impaction fracture and hypo plastic trochlea with sequella of remote patella dislocation?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
need to know how to treat a subcentral impaction fracture and a hypo plastic trochlea with sequella of remote patella dislocation.
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 7 hours later
Hello friend,

I am Dr. XXXXXXX Gandhi; I am Orthopedic surgeon.

Sub central impaction fracture can be treated with plaster cast, and non-weight bearing. Other way is operative procedure.

To avoid displacement of fracture canulated cancellous screw can be placed and kept non-weight bearing, range of motion exercises can be started after 3 weeks.

I hope patella dislocation is corrected previously.