Treatment for stress fracture in tibia, OCD and dental problem?

Hello.. My daughter is 7 and started complaining of knee pain well over a year ago.. we have recently discovered a stress fracture in the tibia with soft tissue involvement, so I'm told. At this point the docs aren't sure how long (longer than 6 weeks, they believe) or what caused the fracture - possibly is pathologic. I have been told by 2 docs she needs a biopsy - however the XXXXXXX ortho casted her for the next 4 weeks and said he will reimage after. She has been losing weight and has developed red spots on roof of mouth. Runs low grade fevers as well. I'm worried that it's more than just your typical stress fracture - as she was 6 when this started and was back knee pain only. Would you wait as long determine if biopsy needs to be done? I have a few images I could send you. Thanks for your time.
Posted Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Your daughter has three different pathologies- stress fracture, OCD and dental problem. I have gone through MRI and x-ray images; it looks like a stress fracture. Your doctor is doing right treatment. Give rest for 4 weeks and then do follow up imaging. If there will any residual damage then insist your surgeon for generalized bone disorder evaluation. As stress fracture and dental problem may be due to same pathology.

Bone biopsy is not necessary on urgent basis for stress fracture. However, if surgeons are thinking it on any other symptoms then please have a detailed discussion with them.
Hope I have given answer to your query. Do write back for follow up queries that you may have.