Treatment for sore throat, cold feet, headache and high body temperature?

ENT Specialist
Hi, my niece has a sore throat, cold feet, headache, and high body temperature. What should we do
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 20 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. This seems to be an Upper Respiratory Tract Infection (URTI), probably viral since she has high fever and headache. Cold feet probably signify weakness.

2 Ideally, you should get her throat examined by a local physician. Blood tests and a throat swab may be advised.

3. She will require ant-pyretic and anti-inflammatory medication such as paracetamol and ibuprofen to control her fever, headache.

4. An antibiotic, an anti-allergic, a medicated gargle and steam inhalation will help. However this should be taken under strict medical supervision.

5. Rest and hydration are important. Tepid sponging may be done if the fever us very high or not responding to paracetamol.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: Treatment for sore throat, cold feet, headache and high body temperature? 32 minutes later
Thank you Dr. Bhatti. She is feeling better and we will take her to see a doctor in the next hour. She is resting now.
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 8 hours later

Thank you for your query.

Good to hear that she is feeling better. Get her examined soon. You may follow up here after the consultation, if necessary.

Wishing her a speedy recovery.