Treatment for sinus pain, pressure, stiffness and chest congestion?

sinus pain & chest congestion.sinus pain, pressure. Face pain. Stuffiness. mucous and headache.

chest congestion. wheezing & burning.

blsck mold found at work last week. we are still working. can this be cause of sickness?
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 hour later
Thank for posting this question in XXXXXXX

Let me tell you that any given medical symptoms/ constellation of symptoms can be due to various causes. For example, headache and facial pain can also be due to so many reasons. Another important thing is that the presence or absence of certain symptoms also helps the physician narrow down the diagnosis.

I have noted your symptoms.

I feel that your headache and facial pain could be related to sinusitis.

Further, the presence of chest congestion and wheezing would point towards a possibility of allergy or allergic bronchitis/asthma. I agree that these kinds of problems can be a cause of sickness.
I advise you to consult a local respiratory medicine specialist and one ENT specialist who will assess your clinical condition (both chest condition and sinusitis related problem). You need to avoid allergens too. Your respiratory physician will guide you regarding the use of medicines as well as the allergens to avoid which can precipitate acute attacks. Your ENT physicians will guide you regarding the treatment of sinusitis (whether medical treatment alone is sufficient or surgery will be needed).

I hope that this will help you.
I will be happy to clarify you further.
Wish you good health.
Dr Gopal K Dash MD, DM