Treatment for shaking sensation in body with prolactanoma on pituitary gland?

Hi, I am a 57 year old female with a prolactanoma on the pituitary gland. I am experiencing a weird shaking sensation in my body at night that keeps me from sleeping.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Need some more details Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Do you feel intolerance to cold, especially in nights ? Do you get headaches associated with the tremors you have in the night ? Is the vision good? What are your recent prolactin levels? If you have the MRI scan report of the brain used in diagnosing the prolactinoma, kindly do attach it here on the right side of this page. I shall have a look and discuss on the same. Waiting for your response,
Follow-up: Treatment for shaking sensation in body with prolactanoma on pituitary gland? 1 hour later
Yes I feel intolerance to cold No headaches Vision is okay Prolactin 125 but last checked in 2008 MRI done in 1990
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Reevaluate Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the information. Tremors are one of the typical symptoms seen in people with prolactinomas especially when there is any progression in the tumor or the tumor is getting more functional. I recommend you to get the tests like prolactin level estimation and the MRI to notice any tumor growth. This gives us intel on how to manage the tremors and also to rule out any malignant transformation. Do consult your neurologist after getting the tests for physical examination which also provides good amount of information on the condition. Regards,