Treatment for seizures due to infarct in child's brain?

My nephew is 3 months old and we got an MRI scan done today for his brain. We were informed that there is an infract on his right side of brain. I am attaching the report that we received. Jjj When he was 3 days old he got his first seizures. The reason detected was deficiency of Calcium. Few days later he again had seizures because of deficiency of sugar. He was moved to better hospital and later that day he faced his third seizures due to deficiency of sodium. Once he recovered we were suggested to get the brain MRI scan done. I would like to request you to look at the report and let me know if there is any treatment available that we can try. Also I would like to know how these test results will affect my nepher in long term. Please let me know if more details are needed
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer: I think he needs to be investigated... Detailed Answer: Hi, I went through the detailed history and MRI reports. Well, it is not very uncommon to see infants getting seizure, however it is definitely uncommon to find ischemic infarcts in this age. Further recurring nutritional deficiency is also concerning. There are various medicines available to control and prevent seizures. We can safely try many of those medicines here. However I feel he needs to be investigated further - to isolate the cause of early ischemic infarcts and recurring nutritional deficiency. You need to consult a pediatrician + neurologist for combined evaluation. I wish you good luck... Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards