Treatment for seasonal allergies, hay fever, headache, neck pain and shoulder stiffness?

Pediatrician
Question
Dear Doctor,

I am very nervous and anxious. I heard an awful story about a woman who was suffering with headaches and eye issues and passed away. It has scared me ever since.

I suffer with seasonal allergies and hayfever.

i am worried about headaches and feelings i have been feeling in my head.

i was having some weird pain in my eye, like pressure, tension , strain, with burning. so went to my eye doctor where i get all my eye glasses done yesterday. and all was perfect and he suspected hayfever.

But i cannot help but google and scare myself.

The pain switches eyes. I do feel hazy and in a dream sometimes.

Head pain i feel:

also sometimes near my temples i get pressure on side, then again it can switch to the other. the pressure is on the temple but little above the eye.

I also ahve been getting dull headaches across my forhead and pressure by the bridge of my nose and between my eyebrows.

my jaw also feels very tense.

also i would experence tension on the back of the neck, behind the ears, and stiff shoulders. but this pain has stopped.

I am just so scared of worrying. I went to the dr recently to discus me coming off birth control , which i stopped last week, and mentioned briefly about my headaches being in different spots, and he did not ask more about it.

but what i have said, does not stay constanly it does come and go, and can be in different spots.

This has been happing all over the space of 5 - 6 days, ive been scared and it started ever since that story.
also, i have postnasal drip (phlem dripping down my throat i beleive thats what its called). Runny nose aswell. So i do not know if that helps you
also, i feel like puffyness, and pressure under my eyes
also i am waking up in the middle night and getting a bit anxious. but all these symptoms are gone right in the morning, and when i have woken up in middle of night.
also i get a bit of an ache/dull heache liek tension at top of left head or top of right.
Right now headaches an Spain's in head gone away, not just eye burns a little and feels tense
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 4 hours later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I really feel for you. I understand your concern.
These psychosomatic symptoms are characteristic of generalized anxiety disorder.
This is associated with different types of headache and stress related symptoms.
Try relaxing a bit and involving yourself in fruitful activity.
Take a mild sedative at night.
Try yoga and meditation techniques.
You also have symptoms of sinusitis which needs to be treated by an ENT specialist as soon as possible.
Consult a psychiatrist and discuss the problems with him.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.

Follow-up: Treatment for seasonal allergies, hay fever, headache, neck pain and shoulder stiffness? 36 minutes later
Thank you I am so tired of going to dr any way I can do sinusitis treatment OTC ?

Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 7 hours later
Sinusitis has to be treated by a ENt specialist.
You can take vapour inhalations and try out nasal decongestants till then.
get well soon

Follow-up: Treatment for seasonal allergies, hay fever, headache, neck pain and shoulder stiffness? 4 hours later
Thank you. I woke up thus norning feeking nothing. And feeking good! THANK YOU

Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 minutes later
My pleasure..

Follow-up: Treatment for seasonal allergies, hay fever, headache, neck pain and shoulder stiffness? 1 hour later
Also if my headaches were anything serious such as abses or tumor or something scary like that, it be only in one spot? And be severely pain ful? Sorry it scares me. also the pain i feel around my eyelid and inner corner of my eyes and up the bridge of my nose, switches sides, is that anxiety ???

Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later
The pain you are complaining of is probably due to sinusitis,it is usually around the area of the nose and eyes..just over the underlying sinuses.
Vapour inhalation,nasal decongestants,paracetamol and anti allergics along with antibiotics are needed for sinusitis. Consult a doctor before taking the medications.
Have a nice day

Follow-up: Treatment for seasonal allergies, hay fever, headache, neck pain and shoulder stiffness? 33 minutes later
so i have nothing to worry about that is serious?

Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 5 minutes later
You do have to worry about your sinusitis per se...but i think it is treatable and not so serious.
Bye