Treatment for runny nose, cough and upper tract infection?

General Surgeon
My daughter was suffering from running nose and Upper tract infection having bad cough ? she vomitted whatever she was eating. Its 7 days over her running nose is stopped but and thought she recovered but she started having cough and it seems there mightbe spasm. I am worried is the cold again cause some worse condition later ? Please advise me should I consider the mucolite or anti biotique
Posted Fri, 11 Jan 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Upper respiratory tract is usually due to viral infection. However if it lasts long enough, it can become bacterial infection. In such case antibiotics are necessary. Moreover, if no other symptoms like fever is present, it might be an asthma (it causes spasms).
Sometimes spasm can be also caused by larynx inflammation what can be life threatening.
And as we are talking about 1 year old child there is a lot of risk neglecting such symptoms. Therefore you should visit your doctor and he should decide about the reason of symptoms and the type of therapy.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.