Treatment for persisting pain in the right shoulder

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Right sholder paining since few days.
Posted Tue, 26 Jun 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 2 hours later
Dear user.

There are many reasons for shoulder pain. To diagnose it better I would request you to kindly answer the following questionnaire.

1. When did you notice the pain for the first time (exact duration), and how would you best describe the pain? (throbbing/ dull aching/ pins-n-needles/ stabbing)

2. Was there a traumatic incident before the pain? (like fall/accident/jerk)

3. Where exactly is the pain located? (front/side/back/superiorly/inferiorly)

4. Is the pain restricting your shoulder movement? Or does it pain only during certain movement of shoulder?

5. Is there any swelling or redness around the joint?

6. And lastly, is there any associated fever/ neck pain/ tingling numbness in hands?

Depending on your responses I shall help you understand the condition in detail.
I shall await your reply.