Treatment for pelvic pain, sore throat, fever with shivering and swallowing problem?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013
Good

Pediatrician
Question
i am having sore throat cant swallow any thing, fever ,shivering. pelvic pain
tonsil problem
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 17 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,
With your complaints of sore throat, fever with shivering and swallowing problem you are suffering from throat infection (Acute Pharyngo Tonsillitis).
The pelvic pain may be because of myalgia associated with the acute infection.
For fever you can take paracetamol tablet in prescribed dose every 6th or 8th hourly depending on the presence of fever.
You can do salt water or betadine gargling every 8th hourly.
Take plenty of oral fluids and soft diet.
Throat infection requires antibiotic therapy for appropriate duration with a proper dosage, so consult a Physician for the examination of the throat, tonsills and for medication.
Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.
Regards.

Follow-up: Treatment for pelvic pain, sore throat, fever with shivering and swallowing problem? 20 hours later
dear doci have consulted the physicain and given ofloxaxin,antheromycin antiallergic antipyretic and anihelminthic.
both ofloxaxin and antheromycin cann be given at the same time?

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 25 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Thank you for your query,
For throat infection usually one antibiotic is sufficient. But if the doctor suspects any atypical bacterial infection of the throat, then he will add another antibiotic like azithromycin.
What is antheromycin? Is it azithromycin? If you write the generic name of antheromycin, then I can suggest and give you the advise.
You can continue ofloxacin, antialeergic and antipyretic.
At present antihelminthic drug may not be required and it can be taken later once the present infection has been subsided.
Regards.

Follow-up: Treatment for pelvic pain, sore throat, fever with shivering and swallowing problem? 3 hours later
dear doc
thanks for your prompt response,it is azithromycin and in blood test and urine no infection is there.
for how many days can i give ofloxaxin, and dose???? whether one tab,or two tab daily.
what type of food can the patient take,when swallowing is problem

Hi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
You are welcome,
Thank you for your query,
Good to hear that there is no infection in the urine and blood sample.
The dose of ofloxacin is 200mg. Two tablets daily and can be given for 5 days.
Along with ofloxacin, azithromycin can be continued as per your Physician advise.
Take home prepared soft diet, plenty of oral fluids.
Avoid spicy and fried foods.
Hope you recover fast.
Hope I have answered your query up to your satisfaction.
Regards.