Treatment for pelvic pain, low sex drive, difficulty maintaining erection?

Hello, Over the last year, I have had pains and aches in my pelvis. They have become worse and some of the symptoms are making my life miserable. I have no energy, no sex drive, low mood, difficulty achieving and maintaining an erection, aches and tension in my glutes, lower back and legs. It has been two months since I have been able to achieve an erection that could be used for sex. I also have not been having morning erections, random erections and the problem is the same whether I am solo or with my partner. About a year ago, I was having similar issues and was put on antibiotics. This helped to some extent, at least bringing back my erection quality and sex drive and alleviated aches to some degree. I had a digital rectal exam performed and slight sweeling was found in my prostate. I was tested for STDs and had an ultrasound done. Neither suggested any problems. I recently had a period of great anxiety and a battled a flu bug. This made the pains worse and surely had an effect in my interest in sex. This has since subsided, but the other symptoms above have still stayed and become more prevalent. I have been tested for vitamin levels, thyroid, and nothing came back as alarming. My therapist no longer feels like anxiety is playing a role either. I am seeing a urologist in a few weeks but the symptoms are become almost too much to manage day to day. Any ideas? Thanks.
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well sir you have been investigated for most of the things so I believe your doctor is treating you the right way . One thing I would like to add is pelvis pain in young male may be an initial symptom of Sacroillitis which is found in diseases like Ankylosing Spondylitis . So it also needs to be investigated that way , you need to discuss it with your treating doctor if he thinks he can investigate you on that line also . You should follow your doctors advise as he remains the best judge because only examination can determine as to what structure is giving rise to pain. Take care. Dr. Shruti