Treatment for pain in knee and toes and pain while bending toes?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
dear doctor, I am 30 years old , since past 3 days I am experiencing extreme pain in my right knee top left corner spreading down to my toea.Bending knees is painful too.Please advice. Thanks, XXXX
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Seems to be muscle strain. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Thanks for writing to us The fact that your pain is occuring with movements indicates a muscle strain. Any strained muscle when stretched gives severe pain. To get relief from the pain and for quick healing: 1. Do hot fomatation at the site. 2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day. 3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen(Motrin) to reduce pain and inflammation. 4. Give adequate rest to the involved muscle group and avoid any movement that causes pain. Give proper time for the injury to heal. Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern. Take care. Warm regards.
Follow-up: Treatment for pain in knee and toes and pain while bending toes? 3 days later
how long will this usually take to heal? I had an x-ray done but it was clear, however, throughout day and night I have pain at that same spot which spreads on movement
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Brief Answer: 2-3 weeks to heal Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, This will usually takes 2-3 weeks to heal. Take proper rest. You will recover soon. Wishing you speedy recovery....
Follow-up: Treatment for pain in knee and toes and pain while bending toes? 34 hours later
Thank you doctor... do you suggest I wear knee caps till then?
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, you can wear knee cap till then for rest Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query again. I am glad to know that I could address your concern. Yes, you can wear knee cap till then for rest. I hope you have got your answer. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. Take care