Treatment for pain in elbow and forearm?

I was working at the post office over the holidays and I was lifting boxes of mail from the floor onto a scale. The boxes were usually in a vertical position and had a handle which I would grip and lift up quickly enough for them to be placed on the scale in a vertical position. Often I would need to twist my forearm for them to be placed on the scale in the proper orientation. These boxes usually weighed around 20 pounds each and sometimes I would lift at least a hundred boxes per night. After a couple weeks I began to notice pain in my inner elbow and top of the forearm. I notice the pain most when I use similar motions and in particular when I try to lift something like one of those "claw prize machines" or wet laundry out of the washing machine. I am unable to lift anything like this that is more than a couple pounds pounds without extreme discomfort. I have had this pain for about a month now and it does not seem to be getting any better or worse. It seems better during the day. At night time it is worse and wakes me up at times. What would be your advice for me? Thank you- XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 16 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

You probably have medial epicondylytis.
The following may be done for relief-
1. Rest - till the pain is gone
2. Apply ice packs over the inner side of the elbow for 10-15 minutes 4 times day
3. Consider taking painkillers like motrin
4. If there is no relief, physical therapy may be done.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini