Treatment for mucus buildup in lungs?

Jul 2016

my wife has cuffing in the lungs she has done an oxygen test at 86% she seems to have a constant build up of mucous that does not seem to go away.
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 17 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your wife has Acute Bronchitis .
Following investigations will help to confirm the diagnosis
1) Routine Haemogram with E.S.R.
2) X-Ray of the Chest.
3) Microscopic examination of Sputum with Culture .

Her Oxygen saturation is 86% which is lower than normal Please have inhalation of Oxygen if possible to manage at home.
For cough take some mucus liquefying medication like Bromhaexine.along with some antibiotics like Erytrhomycin twice daily
Nebulisation with Bronco dilator will help to improve breathing smoothly. Visit your family Physician and discuss dosage of medication and to get Prescription.

With this treatment she will recover within a week.

Hope I have answered your query.Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.