Treatment for mild fever and bumps on cheeks?

my 7 year old grandaughter has a couple dozen bumps on the top of her cheeks. They are small not quite like a pimple. and a slite fever. She also threw up last nite. What do you think it is? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 40 minutes later
To answer your query, I would like to know
When did she start getting fever
When did she develop rash
Any other symptoms like sore throat etc
Medicine taken so far
Uploading the image of concerned area would help a lot
Hoping to hear from you soon.
Follow-up: Treatment for mild fever and bumps on cheeks? 3 hours later
she developped a rash abour 1.1/2 weeks ago following a stayed as is was till yesterday,i'm not sure about the fever. Yesterday her face seemed flus and the spot seemed pink, and she didn't have any energy. she hasn't taken any medication that I know of.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 30 minutes later
She could be suffering from viral exanthem. It is characterised by fever, weakness, malaise, low appetite, sometimes skin rash.
As a general treatment
Temperature charting should be done and syrup paracetamol should be given whenever temperature is beyond 100 F. It can be given 8 hourly if required
If having sore throat or cough, oral antibiotic syrup should be started along with cough syrup.
To soothe skin rashes calamine lotion should be applied.
Give her a balanced well nourished diet with adequate intake of fluids
She should take adequate rest.

I would highly recommend to take her to a paediatrician near by for proper systemic examination as sometimes investigations are required to reach a definite diagnosis and offer specific treatment for speedy recovery.