Treatment for measles

my daughter has got measles from 15th of feb bt as earlier when i took her to a docotor he dnt dignose it as measles and gave her injections for high fever on 17 when i reffered to other docotor he told dat itz measles(small pox) till today shez unwell n her whole body is covered wth red raches and her whole body is swelled form head to legs ...... plzz help me out what to do?????? i have her blood test also got done she got less hemoglobin(11) n more TLC(12200). her age is 13 years .............. n she iz also suffering from cough ........ and she has 100 degree fever also plz help me out..........
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Smallpox is erradicated So it will be measles. It will take few days to settle. I suggest you to : -give paracetamol when fever is above 100F 6 to 8 hourly. -apply calamine lotion over rashes. 2 to 3 times a day. -give antiallergic like levocetrizine to relieve itching onve a day. -give steam inhalation. -give plenty of fluids and soft bland diet. -make hem to take adequate rest. In case fever continues to be on higher side or she appears sick get her re evaluated by doctor to look for any secondary infection. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help further. Wishing your child speedy recovery God bless...
Follow-up: Treatment for measles 40 hours later
Her whole face got red again with rashes Wat should i do nw
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Continue with calamine and antiallergic. If you can send a photograph I can have a look over rash. Take care..
Follow-up: Treatment for measles 1 hour later
M sending u d pics of her face, hands and legs Plz dignose it and help me our....
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks again. It appears to be measly rash. I suggest you to wait for another 24 hours and it case it increases get her examined by doctor. Make her to take complete rest. Maintain hydration .give plenty of fluids,fruit juices,vegetable soup and soft diet. Hope this helps. Take care.