Treatment for lump on neck, pins and needles feeling in fingers, dizziness?

Hello. My name is XXXXXXX Have had headaches & painful, stiff neck for about a week now. I've taken antipyretics to help control it, after an ER doctor suspected "Tension Headache." The headache seems to be gone but, I've been have (unexplained) on & off fever. Just yesterday, I noticed a lump on the right of my neck...with some occasional pin & needle feeling on fingers...besides having a faint or very dizzy feeling when I stand for about 2-3 hours straight. I'm 26 years...will turn 27 in April.
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need to rule out Meningitis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Headache, Stiffneck, fever, Pins and needles in the upper limbs, dizziness are typical symptoms seen in meningitis or conditions irritating the spinal cord in the neck. Though most of the symptoms can be seen in tension headache, I would consider it is necessary to rule out meningitis or spinal cord related acute conditions. Continue Antipyretics to control the fever and to alleviate the pain to some extent. Do consult a neurologist at the earliest to get examined and to rule out the above mentioned possible conditions. Wish you good health. Regards,