Treatment for lower back pain and leg pain when walking?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
My lower back hurts.. feel a little lump and it hurts down my leg when I walk
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be a pinched nerve in back. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your symptoms. They are most likely due to a pinched nerve in the lower back due to a bulged or slipped disc. The diagnosis can be confirmed by doing an MRI scan of the lumbar spine. For pain relief, you can take pregabalin or gabapentin capsules. Physiotherapy with IFT/ultrasound would also help. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in