Treatment for knee sprain

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I felt my knee pop while skiing today. I was able to ski down and walk around. I went home and have been doing RICE. I have pain on the outside of my knee and it's getting pretty stiff after 9 hours from the injury. What level of sprain do you think I have and what should I do next?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: grade one. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. As you are able to ski down and walk around after falling, it seems to be grade one. Continue doing RICE treatment. Once the acute pain subsides, Moist heat application over the affected muscle. Gradual & gentle stretching exercises. analgesic & muscle relaxants as needed I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care