Treatment for knee joint pain after previous injury?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I had twisted my knee about 3 months back. The pain eventually subsided but after ai started my long walks again ie: 4 days back, I have started feeling pain in the knee joint again. Its not sever but uncomfortable and I am scared that it will get worse. Please advise.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Seems to be muscles strain. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of muscles strain. To get relief from the pain and for quick healing: 1. Do moist heat application to relax the muscles. 2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day. 3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation. 4. Do quadriceps exercises to strengthen the muscle around. It will decrease the further episode of pain. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: Treatment for knee joint pain after previous injury? 21 hours later
Can you suggest a few quadriceps excercises please?
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Brief Answer: By simply raising your leg in air Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX You can do quadriceps exercise by simply raising your leg in air and hold it for 5 seconds(simply count 1 to 10). Slowly lower your leg down. Relax and repeat 10 more times. Do every day, up to 3 times a day. Hope the information was helpful, if you have any further queries I am happy to answer, if no kindly close the query & give your reviews about this service.