Treatment for itchy red bumps on back of legs?

I am concerned about red bumps that are on my sons back and legs that are different in size. Some are big, quarter size, and some are little, pen tip size,but they all itch.
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 15 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.there could be any causes for itchy red bumps in children
It could be scabies, contact dermatitis, insect bite, seborrheic dermatitis, hives, milliaria etc
I would like to know
Since how long are the lesions present
If the lesions are permanent or transient
If the lesions are present in finger webs, near umbilicus, abdomen also
If there is history of nocturnal itch
Similar lesions in family member or history of itch in family
Any preceding drug intake or history of exposure to field or any grass or plant.
If lesions are associated with mild scaling or dandruff scalp

Kindly upload the image of these lesions if possible as it makes diagnosing the condition easy.

Hoping to hear from you soon.