Treatment for infertility

Infertility Specialist
Hi Doctor, I have just turned 35, my AMH is a meagre 1.6. No other problems were indicated. Husband's sperm count is very good. I am having Ovigyn D - SR 75 mg since past 2 months. Hasnt increased my AMH. I had 2 unsuccessful IUIs. Last month my dominant follicle ruptured without any external stimulation , on the 14th day of my cycle. However I got my periods after 14 days. Yesterday I had another IUI done although I had taken HCG injection 36 hours prior to the procedure. My doctor gave me another HCG injection yesterday but in the follicular scan today, the follicles showed to be cysts. Should I wait for another month of IUI and then consider IVF? I am very depressed. Thanks & Regards, XXXX
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: IVF Detailed Answer: Hi Your age is high and hence AMH is low. It shows poor ovarian reserve. Hence it is better to undergo IVF as soon as possible. You can try another cycle of IUI there is no harm in trying. AMH value is an indicator of ovarian reserve. It cannot be increased by any drugs like DHEA. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF& Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: Treatment for infertility 47 minutes later
Is my AMH very low..? What are my chances, percentage wise?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Embryo quality Detailed Answer: Hi AMH level is low but is not only indicator of success. Embryo quality is an important aspect which decides success in women like you. Your success is generally around 30 to 60 percent Regards