Treatment for infective diarrhoea

hello Sir/Madam, My duaghter, who is 5 months, is suffering with loose motions from past 11 days. Some thing like 5-6 times in a day. Motion looks like watery eggs in while color. Done CRP and got positive result [.24mg]. Doctor started antibiotics like ceftriaxone & amikacin. 1 IV injection in the morning and night. He wants to continue for 5 days. is her condition gone bad? critical ? Pls help me out. thanks
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry. Your child is having infective diarrhoea for which doctor has started injectable antibiotics. Continue with medication as advised. Give oral rehydration solution sip by sip after each loose stool. Continue with breastfeeding. Monitor and maintain her hydration. She will be fine in couple of days. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help further. Wishing your child good health. God bless...