Treatment for hyperpigmentation, sunburn spot on forehead, hands and legs?

Dermatologist
Question
hyperpigmentation and sunburn spot on forehead,hands and legs
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 46 minutes later

I understand your concern regarding hyper pigmentation and sunburn.

Your skin seems to be sensitive to sun light. Sunscreen is necessary for your skin. Please use sunscreen before 20 minutes of sun exposure and re apply it after every 3 hours. You need to apply sun screen with 50 SPF (sun protection factor). It will prevent further damage to your skin.

For hyper pigmentation, I would like to suggest,
- Cream containing kojic acid, arbutin, hydroquinine, like demelan or koziglow will reduce spot. Apply it in night.
- Skin peeling with glycolic acid is very effective to reduce pigmentation.
- Microdermabrasion will also help you. You need to take 5-7 sessions of it.

It is better to consult dermatologist for proper skin analysis and effective treatment. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Treatment for hyperpigmentation, sunburn spot on forehead, hands and legs? 6 hours later
can this cream are useful for hands and legs too

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 1 hour later
Hi
Thank you for writing back.
Yes. You can use that cream for hands and legs also.
I hope I answered your query.
Let me know if you have further query.

Follow-up: Treatment for hyperpigmentation, sunburn spot on forehead, hands and legs? 19 hours later
can u please tell me where can i go 4 microdermabrasion in kolkata? and sir i have heard tat after skin peeling skin gets more darker later? and i have got this cream kozic will tat work it contains a azeloglicina,lactokine fluid,kojic acid dipalmitate, and how long shuld i use it?

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 3 hours later
Hi

Thank you for writing back.

For microdermabrasion you should consult dermatologist. Please do not get it done from unqualified person.

Skin peeling is very good treatment option. You must protect your skin from sun after peeling. If proper care is taken it is very safe and effective treatment. So it is not true that after peeling skin gets more dark tone.

You should use that cream for minimum 8 weeks.

I hope I answered your question.