Treatment for genital warts on the shaft of the penis

I have discovered genital warts on the shaft of my penis and first thought it was a rash ! will nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide usp cream treat the affected area or is there over the counter meds for treatment ?
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: NO Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about these genital warts. Though there are various medications, products and surgical procedures to treat this condition, most are not actually available as OTC.You can get some TCA, podophyllium from XXXXXXX The instructions on how to use this drug. You have to be careful using it because of the tendency of this drug to burn the surrounding tissues. I will strongly recommend that you get a consulted by a doctor for treatment. I will not really want you to go managing this all by yourself. I hope you get to do this with the supervision of a doctor. I hope this helps you and addresses your query fully. Feel free to ask me for more clarification or information if need be. I wish you well in your pursuit of a solution to this. Thanks for using our services, we very much appreciate it. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Treatment for genital warts on the shaft of the penis 32 minutes later
thank you for replying to me on this matter , is there any homeopathic remedies that you know of at an OTC stores or will a general wart removal meds be ok to use ?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: I don't know of any homeopathic remedies Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for following up with me. Am sorry, but I do not know of any homeopathic remedies for this. I a not sure if any exists either. The medications would be able to help. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.