Treatment for frequent cold and cough

most of the time i will be having cold and cough, please advice on this.
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Allergies need to be avoided...

Detailed Answer:

Recurring cold and cough are symptoms that are hard to control. Identifying your allergies and avoiding them should be your goal and aim to prevent recurring cough and cold symptoms.

The current available treatment can only help you deal with symptoms, but you will need to play your part here. Keep yourself warm, drink plenty of fluid, take a diet XXXXXXX with fruits and vegetables, add multivitamin like zincovit for couple of months, make sure you cover your nose while walking/driving through bushy areas/dusty roads and practice yoga and meditation are few tips I suggest to my patients.

Relent and benadrl will help in reducing symptoms, but wouldn't prevent it. Include the aforementioned changes in your lifestyle.

I also hope you have consulted a chest physician to ruled out chronic lung air way problems. If not consider consulting them.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.