Treatment for fractured ribs
User rating for this question
how do you heal broken ribs right side back. what does rest mean
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: It does not need active tretment except rest . Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have sustained injury to your back resulting into fracture of two ribs on Rt side. Basic principle in treatment of any fractured bone is to immobilise the fractured segment so that the callus (New bone) is formed to unite the fractured fragments.Since rib can not be immobilised by plaster cast and there is very minimal movements of rib at rest during rest patient is advised to avoid exercise and to prevent movements of the fractured segments to promote healing and callus formation. You have to just take pain killers like Brufen or Diclofenac to relieve pain. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
People also viewed
- Is chills a side effect of xeloda?
- Musculoskeletal inflammation/injury causes
- Fractured ribs treatment and recovery
- Is itching a side effect of xyrem?
- Acromegaly causes
- Is cough a side effect of twynsta?
- Is fever a side effect of duricef?
- Treatment of multiple rib fractures
- Hairline rib fracture treatment
- Myotonia causes
- Treatment of displaced rib fractures
- Is cough a side effect of cialis?
- Villonodular synovitis causes
- Infective synovitis causes
- Treatment and cure for Rib fracture