Treatment for fractured ribs
User rating for this question
how do you heal broken ribs right side back. what does rest mean
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: It does not need active tretment except rest . Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have sustained injury to your back resulting into fracture of two ribs on Rt side. Basic principle in treatment of any fractured bone is to immobilise the fractured segment so that the callus (New bone) is formed to unite the fractured fragments.Since rib can not be immobilised by plaster cast and there is very minimal movements of rib at rest during rest patient is advised to avoid exercise and to prevent movements of the fractured segments to promote healing and callus formation. You have to just take pain killers like Brufen or Diclofenac to relieve pain. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
People also viewed
- Is rapid, shallow breathing a side effect of casodex?
- Neck lump tendon treatment
- Is tightness in the chest a side effect of zeasorb-af?
- Lumps spine 2 year old plate
- Is red or dark brown urine a side effect of cefixime?
- Small raised lump of nerves on wrist
- Lump on shin with no pain
- Painful pea size lump on thigh
- Treatment and cure for Rib fracture
- Fractured ribs treatment and recovery
- Is sore throat a side effect of alogliptin/metformin?
- Treatment of multiple rib fractures
- Is decreased blood pressure a side effect of capoten?
- Hairline rib fracture treatment
- Treatment of displaced rib fractures