Treatment for flutters in lower stomach, bloating, no pain?

Hi i am getting flutters and movement on the right side of my lower stomach the past 2 months. It reminds me of a baby kicking but i'm not pregnant. No pain being experienced and still getting my period most recent being last week. Also very bloated in my stomach the past couple of months. Any idea what could be wrong with me
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: possibly peripheral neuropathy Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic It is possible that the abnormal sensations ( fluttering sensations) are related to abnormalities within the nervous system. The nervous system can be essentially divided into the central (brain and spinal cord) and the peripheral (nerves outside of the brain and spinal cord) nervous system. Any abnormal sensation outside of the central areas is called peripheral neuropathy. This can be related to abnormal structure or function of the nerves. This can present in different ways such as fluttering, tingling, burning, pinching, numbness etc. In most cases, persons cannot identify anything that specifically causes the episodes to occur. There are different potential causes for neuropathy such as: (1) vitamin deficiency particularly vitamin b12 and folate (2) trauma (3)liver or kidney disease (4)thyroid disease (5)diabetes (6)autoimmune disease (7)lyme disease (8)infections (9) idiopathic- the exact cause is not known In some cases the abnormal sensations are mild and can just be observed. If they are intolerable then it would be best to visit a doctor for an assessment which would include examination, blood tests and possibly other neurological investigations. There is medication available if the sensation is not tolerable. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions