Treatment for flank pain due to kidney cyst, headache, nausea?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
I have flank pain on both sides. I had an ultrasound showing cyst on kidneys but do not know how large. Ive had a headache and nausea everyday for 6 days.
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 12 minutes later
Hi Your pain in the flanks is because of kidney cyst. One has to do every 2-3 month ultrasound to see the progression or regression of cyst.do you have red color urine? Take care and follow advise of urosurgeon.

Follow-up: Treatment for flank pain due to kidney cyst, headache, nausea? 25 minutes later
Thank you. Thay is whay I thought (having follow up ultrasounds to monitor the cyst) though my urologist did not suggest or say that. I do not have red colored urine. However, I need to void every 20-40 minutes and on occassion its really yellow and normally it is not. I do have IC and endometriosis but I currently am not having the normal symptoms of either. Also, I don't know if its related but I keep having red sore patches show up in my mouth. Should i go to hospital tomorrow if headache and nasea persist with back pain?

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: I think you are suffering from UTI. Detailed Answer: Hello Savanahsshire Thanks for writing to HCM It is important to know type and size of renal cyst.Generally large and complex cysts causes symptoms otherwise simple cysts are generally asymptomatic. If possible please upload USG report through attachments of healthcare magic with reference to Dr.Indu XXXXXXX I think probably you are suffering from urinary tract infection(UTI).UTI can cause flank pain,increased frequency etc. You need few investigations like routine hemogram,Random blood sugar,Urine RE/ME,Urine culture and sensitivity.Further investigations can be done if needed. You may need antibiotics if infection is diagnosed. You should drink plenty of water. At present you can take tablet paracetamol for headache and can take tablet domperidone 10 mg for nausea. If symptoms persists you should consult your doctor. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX