Ask a Urologist   »  

Treatment for fever, painful urination, loss of bladder control, loss of appetite?

Jul 2016

Hi and thank you for helping me. I am showing all the signs of kidney infection, with fever, high temperature, pain when trying to urinate and finding it hard to hold my urine until I reach the toilet. My temp is 39 Celcius curently and I have lost my appetite. I have these symptoms for 3 days now. Sorry for being so slow typing. Thank you. I am also constipated and have XXXXXXX taking liquid medicine for that for 3 days as well, but so far it has not worked
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could be due to Enlarged Prostate with infection. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have increase frequency of urination with urgency and high grade fever. This is most likely to be due to Enlarged prostate associated with secondary UTI I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) Have you ever done ultrasound scanning of the abdomen very recently to rule out possibility of having enlarged prostate which is very common at this age, Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination to rule out the same. Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician. Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.