Treatment for fever, cough, headache, loss of appetite, sore throat, stuffy and bloody nose?

I've been sick for almost a week, my symptoms are: fever, cold sweats, coughing, stuffy nose, bloody nose, head aches, loss of appetite, loss of taste buds, sore throat. What am I diagnosed with, and how can I get rid of it?
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
I think what you are currently experiencing is a viral infection. This can lead to the symptoms that you have described. The following things should make you feel better:
a. Take tablet paracetamol/ acetaminophen 400 mg as and when required ( upto 4 times daily). This needs to be taken with food. This will relieve the chilly feeling and fatigue.
b. Take a hot water shower and drink plenty of warm fluids.
c. Eat small, home cooked meals at regular intervals. Also, drink atleast 2-3 litres of lukewarm water in a day.
Keep warm, avoid exposure to cold as this could aggravate the problem.
For the sore throat, a throat swab culture will help in detecting the causative organism. Systemic antibiotics may be needed if the symptoms are persistent.
In case you develop a high grade fever or shortness of breath then consider visiting your physician at once.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. RakhiTayal.