Treatment for dry cough, bloating, shortness of breath, lightheadedness and bowel irregularities?

dry cough, uncomfortable stomach bloating after eating, shortness of breath, bowel irregularities, lightheadedness, occasional fainting. 47 yr old female
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later

Thank you for writing to us.

If you do not mind could you answer a few questions? This would greatly help. Do you experience any of the following: regurgitation of food, vomiting (if yes, color of vomitus), difficulty swallowing, change in voice, burning sensation in the chest, diarrhea or constipation (color of stool), abdominal pain (if yes, does the pain occur 10-15 minutes after a meal or around 2 hours after a meal)? Are you on any pain killing medication or any other medication?

As of now it appears as though you could be suffering from an abdominal or bowel condition which could most probably be either a peptic ulcer disease, gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD), or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), but we cannot be sure yet. On receiving a reply to my above-mentioned question, we could get closer to drawing a conclusion.

As of now you could consult your doctor to help prescribe drugs like an aluminium/magnesium antacid, proton pump inhibitors (esomeprazole, pantoprazole, etc.), or H2 receptor blockers (ranitidine, famotidine, etc.).

Do write back to me with any further clarifications along with a kind response to my queries.

Best wishes.