Treatment for diarrhea, stomachache, pain in back, penis and testicle?

I have diareha, gas, pain in belly button down to penis and pain in my back and testical. All mild pain
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 3 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

From the description of your symptoms, I can arrive at the following likely causes:

1) Gastro-enteritis - most likely cause. Diarrhea, abdominal pain and gas are symptoms which are indicative of a gastro-enteritis.

2) A urinary tract infection, especially since you are having pain which goes down to the lower abdomen and genital area.

I would suggest the following measures:
- Drink plenty of water and fluids.
- Since you are having diarrhea, you can take ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution) frequently, in order to replenish the water and salt loss.
- An antacid or anti-ulcer medication (like ranitidine, rabeprazole, etc.) will help, if this is a gastro-enteritis.
- Drink cranberry juice, which is a natural urinary anti-septic and can help clear away mild urinary infections.
- Stick to a bland diet and avoid oily or spicy foods for a few days.

Since your symptoms are mild, this problem will mosy likely subside on its own with these remedial measures which I have suggested. In case, it becomes severe and persistent, then you may need to have a proper medical examination and further investigations done.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiarist and Sexologist