Treatment for diabetes

Dear Sir, Brief Details: - Diabetic (Type -II) - 22 Years BP - 12 Years • Vegetarian • Non-smoker • Non-alcoholic • Age – 54 Years • Weight - 80 Kg • Height - 176 CM TAB- METAFORTE G-853 1-0-1 INJ - MIXTARD 30/70 22-0-10 TAB - TELSARTAN AM 40MG 1'-0'-1 ECOSPRIN 75 MG 1'-0'-0 TAB- PLOZ MF -15 0'-1'-0 TAB- ROSEDAY 10MG 0'-0'-1 Could you please advise on the enclosed lab report please Regards, XXXX
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Only Diabetes needs to be managed in a better way. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. I am glad that you understand that a diabetic and hypertensive patient requires time to time routine check up. I have seen all of his investigations. My comments are as follows : 1. His HbA1C level is around 9 , it means not a good control of his diabetes , he requires dose modification of his anti diabetic drugs and insulin. 2. His LDL is around 35 mg/dl, and TG is 153 mg/dl. ACCEPTABLE. American diabetic Association advise goal of LDL to be less than 80 mg/dl in Diabetics. So ,it is well controlled , still i would advise to reduce Tab Roseday to 5mg per day instead of 10 mg/day. 3. His kidney function tests and urine report is normal. So , currently no evidence of nephropathy. 4. Hemogram , LFT , KFT , Thyroid Profile are all with in normal limits. I would advise you to get following also : 1. ECG 2. Chest X ray 3. Blood pressure and Pulse Rate. Overall , his reports are good , a little drug modification is advisable for his diabetic control. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Follow-up: Treatment for diabetes 16 minutes later
Thanks you Doctor for your detailed advise and noted the same. Could you also advise me on followings please: I heard Tab:PIOZ MF is banned and also understand that, 15 mg is not harmful, is my information is correct sir. Thank you doctor once again XXXX
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes , it was banned. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Yes, your information is partially right. Actually PIOZ-M contains , Pioglitazone and Metformin, and Pioglitazone was banned due to increase incidence of bladder cancer and heart failure in drug trials. However , after few days , it was again given green signal stating that it can be used based on personal experience and weighing patients's benefit of using it versus the adverse effects. I personally don't use Pioglitazone. I would suggest you to discuss with your doctor about increasing the dose of insulin and stopping Pioglitazone. If you have a further query , you may please ask me , else you may please close the discussion and rate me 5 star , if you feel , i have helped you. Good Luck XXXXXXX