Treatment for deprssion

I take trazodone and Lexapro for depression I exceed liquor last Saturday and the last 3 days I star felling depress and not able to sleep , how long I need to wait to feel normal
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: The symptom could last from days to week Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear XXXX Intake of alcohol along with Antidepressants medication like the ones you are taking(Trazadone: Tetracyclic antidepressants and Lexapro: Selective Serotonin reuptake inhibitor) may lead to rebound depression and insomnia that is loss of sleep. These symptoms may persist from couple of days to sometimes a week. If it exceeds then I suggest to check with doctor for liver function test. I would suggest you the following which will definitely help you get over it 1. Absolute abstinence from alcohol 2. Ensure intake of good quantity of water: 2 to 3 liter a day this helps flush out. 3. To a glass of lukewarm water add juice of half lemon and two spoons of honey . Drink it twice a day 4. Avoid caffein containing beverages. 5. Take day off from your work. Wishing you a very happy and healthy life. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD Clinical Pharmacologist