Treatment for chronic diarrhea despite taking Loperamide?

Hi I've had chronic diarrhoea for 10 weeks now. The last few weeks it has slowed down with it only occurring every four days. I do take loperamide but only twic e a week on average as I am trying to see how / if I may improve without meds. I am on 30mg of Paroxetine and 150mcg of Thyroxine (for life for thyroid). I am a healthy living 42 year old woman. I have adjusted my diet and do not drink. I've cut out lactose and gluten entirely. I am so sick to death of having this going on. It has caused me a lot of anxiety. I have been to my Dr's six times. All blood tests done are clear, celiac is clear, my thyroid is perfect now, as I have Hashimotos and they did two lots of testing to make sure that is okay as it was found initially my dose I was taking was way too high, but latest blood test now says its spot on. I don't have any pain or tenderness at all. Even with two Dr's checking my abdomen, no pain. I do however have two haemorrhoids now and an anal fissure that has just started to clear up. Now I have purple / blue bruising and a small pea sized lump on the outside of my bottom. This has only just occurred. I am booked in for a Colonoscopy in 2.5 weeks time. I do have very loud bowel sounds and in the beginning I had a lot of nausea as well. No nausea now. Also occasional bloating. No nocturnal activity. Please help. I am at my wits end. Kindest regards, XXXXXXX (Perth, Australia).
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: your problem is more in favour of IBS Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Healthcare Magic, After going through your medical history, your clinical symptoms are more in favour of Diarrhea predominent IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) .As any how you are already booked for colonoscopy procedure, it gives better clarification if it comes normal. Having haemorrhoids or anal fissures doesnt cause chronic diarrhea instead they are associated with constipation and blood in the stools. So dont worry , hope for the best. Your diagnosis can be finalized after colonoscopy procedure. regards, DR.VENKAT