Treatment for child's chest pain while sleeping?

my 9 yr old is having chest pain on centre of chest.its stabs him that he screams, and wakes up from sleep
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Anxiety problem... Detailed Answer: Hi, thank you for posting. Chest pains in children, in general are pains that are related with: -Musculoskeletal system(muscular pain). -Costrochondritis(inflammation of rib). -Asthma attack. -Anxiety(the greatest possibility). If the pain starts after a physical exercise and it is followed by high heart beat and dizziness, then you can think about cardiac causes. But I think that cardiac cause is excluded in your child's case because its pain starts in tranquility. To determine the diagnose your son needs: -Chest X-ray. -Blood test, blood sedimentation rate. -Electrocardiogram, this will show electrical activity of the heart. I think that your son got emotional sphere problems. You should contact a cardiologist and a psychologist. For any doubts ask me. Dr. Behar.