Treatment for child's blocked nose and snoring?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Helo doctor, My son is one year and two months old, From last november 2013 onward he is having cold and cough problem,with running nose frequently and when sleeping he is snoring with typical sound like a 60 year old normal condition he is breathing through his mouth,last four months doctors have given allegra, AB phyline syrup, then laveta-m syrup, Asthalin, Asthalin-expectorent .and being told to use nebuliser with a mix of Asthalin plus budecort (0.5) respirator in half of one quantity as an when needed,but after all this his problem are coming and going.At present still he is having the same problem of snoring and blocked nose.please advice.hoping your reply. regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Get him examined by an ENT specialist. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, I would advise that you should get your son clinically examined and investigated by an ENT specialist. Sometimes due to enlargement of adenoids, recurrent symptoms of blocked nose and nasal infections occur. You can continue with the medicines prescribed by his Paediatrician. Normal saline nasal drops can help you in relieving his symptoms. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Thanks.