Treatment for child's accidental swallowing of Vicks vapor rub?

My 2 yo grandson may have swallowed some Vicks vapor rub. We see his finger marks in the rub but don`t know if or how much he may have swallowed. Should we take him to the ER
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that In my opinion you should take him to ER . Because we dont know how much he have swallowed . Although it is very pungent and it is very unlikely that he has swallowed much because of its bad taste but still we should not take a chance . I think they will keep him in observation for some time . Take care. Dr. Shruti