Treatment for central retinal vein occlusion?

i'm having a crvo for my right eyes.. because of high cholestrol .. the reading of my eyes still 6/9.. so what is the best treatment for this? now taking aspirin and cholestrol since last october 2012.. and last two week start taking acid folic.. already tested for thrombophilia and lupus anticoagulant.. but all are negative
Posted Mon, 14 Jan 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 46 minutes later
thanks for sending your query to us.
The picture is definetly crvo.This happens when central artery while crossing the vein presses upon it ,because it has become hard,and blocks the blood flowing in.You are lucky to have a good vision.In inetial few hours this block can be opened by going in the vessel and opening it.
What you have to do now is to keep your blood parameters normal.
Lifestyle management like exercises and diet to help controlcholestrol.
Keep things under control as you are a young person.Keep a close watch on your blood chemistry and have regular follow up.
Do get back to me in case of any query.