Treatment for breast discharge, irregular periods, dizziness, nausea, extreme thirst and vertigo?

For 4 years now I've had symptoms of breast discharge, irregular periods, dizziness, nausea, extreme thirst, vertigo, and being lightheaded.

Steroids did help for a period of time, however my doctor thinks they were masking the real issue.I had an MRI today and everything was clear, doctor suspected a tumor. Blood results normal, not diabetes etc.. Not pregnant.

I'm at a loss. Thank you for any help.
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
I do not think you are at a loss, its very important to know exactly what is causing breast discharge. the commonest cause, usually a tumour of the pituitary gland, called a prolactinoma in the brain should be excluded. This is usually done by doing serum prolactine levels and a CT Scan and brain MRI. It is important for these exams to be done, do not think you are at a loss. the presence or absence of this tumour directs the management plan. Abnormalities of the thyroid could in rare conditions explain these symptoms.
Other causes of breast discharge include drugs and some unknown causes or idiopathic causes. Irregular menses might deserve an abdominal ultrasound to evaluate and exclude ovarian cysts, and suspect uterine malformations or not.
I suggest you revisit your gynecologist and probably an endocrinologist for a proper evaluation and management.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.