Treatment for bloating, dizziness, shortness of breath, belching, constipation and abdominal pain?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
i have been having bloating, dizziness, shortness of breath, belching, constipation, pain in belly button, and a sloshing sound when i press on the area to the right of my belly button. I had two test for gallbladder, and it has been ruled out.
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan Romic 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.
And did you rule out your stomach and colon disorders? it cant be evaluated by ultrasound. YOu should do endoscopy or CT scan for it. Especially considering that you had pyloric stenosis.

It sounds more like stomach issue than gallbladder. All this can be caused by high acid secretion which is found in gastritis, GERD or hiatus hernia. Symptoms that are experienced in such conditions are pain and tightness in upper stomach, bloating, belching, breathing difficulties, heartburn, feeling of lump and sore in throat, gurgling sound in throat, fatigue and loss of apetite.

Symptoms are aggravated after meal, long sitting, leaning forward,stress and anxiety. In the beginning this is treated by changing dietary habbits.
You should avoid alcohol,coffee,smoking,fats and fast food, carbonated drinks and eat more milk and milk products, fruit and vegetables,boiled food and natural beverages and teas. 1 hour after meal you should not sit or lay. Also lay with elevated upper body. If you are overweight you should do often exercise to lose weight. You should do gastroscopy to evaluate all this.

Secondly, in younger people the most common colon disorder is IBD. It is usually associated with stress and anxiety. It is treated on the same way as I ve mentioned above but some medicines should be prescribed too, consult your GP about it. Some more serious colon disease such as Crohn and ulcerative colitis can start in your age so if your symptoms persist after dietary changes you should do colonoscopy.
WIsh you good health. If you have any question I ll be glad to help.