Treatment for anxiety disorder and panic attacks?

i suffer sever anxiety disorder with panic attacks especially in social situations, driving, at work, etc... I would like to speak with an online doctor since I hate driving. I just moved into a new area and my panic attacks have increased, causing me to not leave my home unless i take my medication which has been lorezepam and prozac. I don't know anyone in this area. Can you please help. I am also out of my medications, since I now need a new doctor
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Paroxetine is a good drug for anxiety Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Anxiety disorder especially the pajic disorders are very troublesome. I see many such patients in my clinic. But the best part is they get treated as well very nicely. There are many drugs ueeful fro.panic disorder pike venlafaxine or paroxetine or kortazapine etc. Among these drugs paroxetine is considered as the drug of choice for panic disorders. Prozac is genrally avoided in anxiety disorder as it is activating drug and may precipitate some panic attacks. Similarly comingnto the choice of benzodiazepine tonbe taken in pajic disorder, I dont prefer lorazepam as it has an action duration for 6-8hours only. There after the withdrawal from lorazepam can aslo precipitate a panic. Hence i prefer prescribing clonazepam for panics along with paroxetine. Coming to your sdcond part, yes, cognitive behavioural therapy will deffinately help you in panic disorder. Regarding getting a prescription, at health care magic we are not allowed to give you a prescription as we have not physically examined you. Moreover in us online consultation is not accpeted as per the law of land for providing prescription. You may meet a gp in your area and discuss the options that we have provided to you, then he can give you a prescription. If you have an old.prescription then you may contact www.wal WWW.WWWW.WW for getting a refill. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.