Treatment for anemia?

Question
I think I might be anemic
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

Being anemic is a common problem specially in females. Often it is associated with a lowered thyroid hormone levels. Your BMI of 19.0 also indicates your lower body weight. Usually oral iron supplements are sufficient to restore the iron stores in the body.

You need a thorough evaluation by your physician including some blood investigations to find out the cause of chronic anemia. Removing the causative factors will help in early improvement.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Regards.