Treatment for allergic reaction due to Sulfameth side effects

Hello, it seems as if I had an allergic reaction to my antibiotics (Sulfameth/Trimethoprim). I thought that I was having a flu, but it looks like I was allergic and I didn't stop taking the antibiotics because I thought it wasn't an allergy. (I have all the symptoms of allergy -body chills and aches, fever, severe rash, stomach pain, dizyness, shortness or breath, I don't have diarrhea though) I took antibiotics for 12 days, and my second to last pill was this morning. I didn't take my last pill because I started feeling scared. The antiobiotics purpose was to heal a cyst infection. I would like to know if I should worry about going to see the doctor right now, or even tomorrow morning, and if I could wait until tomorrow night? Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate a lot XXXX
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: meet a doctor immediately Detailed Answer: Hello Your symptoms suggest that you have developed a severe allergy. You need immediate treatment. Probably with injectable steroid. Please meet doctor immediately. The situation may get worsen hence its better to seek medical attention at earliest. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you