Treatment for allergic bronchitis, dandruff, back pain, cold and mouth ulcer?

ENT Specialist
I am working in a call center and usally have nice shifts. The shifts may vary from Evening 7-4, 9-6, 1-10.
I have multiple health problem in my body.

1. Major problem is that I am suffering from Allergic Bronchitis(That is what the doctors have diagnosed).
I will be have very bad cough all the times, mostly in night. The only time i dont feel coughing is when i am sleeping.
I felt its due to the environment in Bangalore, India. I am suffering from this since Nov 2009.
Its intermittent. Its goes off with medication and then comes back again.
But this time its not even going off with medication as well.
Some doctors have told me that there is no permanent cure for this.
I am really fedup of couging. I want get relieved of this as soon as possible.
I have attached my latest reports and diagnosis for the same.

2. Dandruff.
I have a very bad dandruff. I thought if get bald and then start over it will help.
But no use. Becuase of the dandruff i will have pathces wherever I have hair. For eg. Eyebrows, chest hairs, beard area.
I consulted one of the doctors for the same and she presribed me two shampoos to use. Ketoconazole & Sebowash. I used it but as a result of this my hairs started getting white.

3. Backpain.
I usually have upper back pain. If i do any physical work like washing clothes, I will have a upper back pain.
I have consulted anybody for this.

4. Pain in feet
Usually i don't walk. If one given day i have to walk for some reason then for two days atleast I will have very bad pain in my feet.

5. Cough & Cold
I will be suffering from cough & cold atlest 14 times in 12 months.

6. Mouth Ulcers.
I also get mouth ulcers frequently.
Posted Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 2 hours later

Thanks for posting the query and a detailed history

Bangalore is a dusty city, there are many people in this city who are suffering from various allergy related disorders. Moreover, you are working in a call center with various shifts to attend. The stress along with the dust and cold environment is the chief reason for your overall problems.

To discuss in detail:
1.     Allergic bronchitis does not have permanent cure. Prevention from the allergens is of prime importance in treating this condition. The allergens could be in the form of house dust, smoke, perfumes, certain food items, cold environment, etc. Also, you will require a short course of oral steroids in controlling the allergic cough. Preventive measures include; sleeping away from the ceiling fan or A/C blower, covering the nose when exposed to dust or smoke and changing the pillow cover every night before going to bed.

2.      Dandruff could be due to the stress, environment and water related. You can continue with the ketoconazole shampoo.

3. & 4. Backache is related to the posture maintained on the chair at your work place and prolonged periods of sitting on that chair. In between your work take a short interval and perform certain easy exercises. Please follow the link below for the tips about how to perform the exercise at work:
5.     Recurrent cough and cold could be again related to allergy. My suggestions to you are to drink plenty of warm water; avoid coffee/smoking/chilled food & beverages and follow other preventive measures as mentioned above.

6.     Recurrent mouth ulcers are again related to stress, acidity and unhealthy food habits. Follow the preventive measures as mentioned in the response 5. Also, eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables to boost up your immunity and to keep the oral mucosa healthy.

Hope I have answered your queries; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon