Treatment for abdominal pain and cough causing difficulty walking?
User rating for this question
Was having slight pain in the right side upper abdomen which was hurting on the ribs. General physian I consulted said its due to severe coughing. That was 4 days ago. Today the pain is unbearable. Cannot walk or sit. Pls let me know the way forward.
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hello Thank you for the query. Likely possibilities of the pain 1) Rib cartilage inflammation - it is usually an self limiting swelling needing no specific therapy except mild analgesics and it will improve 2) gall bladder swelling - usually severe pain with vomiting and fever need sonography to diagnose it and needs hospitalisation and treatment 3) swelling in the lung covering (pleura) which usually is associated with cough and pain worsens on coughing. If pain is severe need to get an sonography of abdomen and an X ray of chest done to determine the cause. Can continue the analgesics you have mentioned. Hope this answers your query. Wish you a speedy recovery. Happy to help.
People also viewed
- Stomach and abdominal pain causes and treatment
- What causes abdominal pain while walking and coughing
- No solid bowel movements incredibly bloated
- Glycolic peel for anus
- Treatment for abdominal pain and cough causing difficulty walking
- Blood in urine bloating cramps
- Spinal cord sick stomach bloated bowel
- Bloated tummy bowel movements constant
- Bloating and bowel and now kidney cancer
- Stomach pain swelling swelling anus
- Sharp pain in stomach and anus
- Itching anus stomach pain
- Sharp pain in anus while sitting
- What is the cause and treatment for abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain caused by hard coughing