Treatment for abdominal movement despite normal USG results?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
Feeling some movement in upper right abdomen. USG done but everything normal. Doctor saying it is because of gas. They gave me tablets for gas. But there is no any improvement. Please suggest me what can I do?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer: May be a laxative and plenty of fluids orally Detailed Answer: Hi Sanju. Thanks for your query. It is good the USG is normal. GAS- is a general term used and does not denote anything specific. Have you any other problem like nausea, vomiting, loose motions , eructations or passing of foul smelling gas? If these symptoms are not there try taking a laxative like liquid Cremaffin plus 2 tsf at bedtime and continue with the ''tables for gas''. Drink plenty of oral fluids like clean water, coconut water, Electral solution. Avoid outside food and beverages know to cause gas or abdominal upsets. I hope you would fine in a few days time. Sometimes Domperidone helps in a dose of 10 mg thrice daily, if you have no other symptoms. Hope it helps. Dr Chandrakant
Follow-up: Treatment for abdominal movement despite normal USG results? 2 hours later
Thanks for your reply. I have no any other symptom rather than movement in right upper abdomen but some time I m feeling hurt burn. And another thing I am already taking laxative from last 20 days and already completed three days course of domperidone tab. please reply
Brief Answer: Upper GI endoscopy Detailed Answer: Hi. This is great , please continue on domperidone also. Heartburn sometimes goes in favor of acid-peptic disease. I hope you are already taking ranitidine or PPI like omeprazole or so. I would suggest you to go for an upper GI endoscopy. This may give us the answer for the feeling you are getting. An additional X-ray of abdomen in standing position during movement can give some more information.